The Expose button is disabled (grayed out) for some data sources in your system.
SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business by Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics Work Center and the view Design Data Sources.
- Select your data source.
The Expose button on the top is disabled or shown grayed out.
If the data source is a cloud or joined data source, it cannot be exposed.
- Exposing and extracting data from joined data sources show huge performance impacts on the SAP Cloud for Customer system. In many cases, this extraction fails as there is not enough memory to extract the entire dataset. Hence, this feature cannot be supported for joined data sources.
- In cloud data sources, the data is coming from an external system, but exposing a data source serves the purpose of sending data to an external system. This is not a valid use case.
- If the data source you would like to expose is combined, please check which data sources are combined. If either of them is a join or cloud, then the combined data source cannot be exposed for the mentioned reasons.
- Joined Data Sources: The underlying data sources which are used as join members can be exposed in such cases and you can extract data from them.
- Cloud Data Sources: Since the data of cloud data sources is created externally, please send this data directly to your BW system.
- Combined Data Sources: Check which data sources are combined, and if possible, trace this back to the basic data sources which can be exposed. Should this not be possible (for example if some internal data sources are involved which are not public), you can create a new data source which is a combination of basic data sources only.
This is valid for both exposing for ODP extraction (to send data to your BW system) as well as exposing data sources for OData.
OData, greyed out, expose to BW, oData, joined data source, cloud data source, business analytics, data sources, exposing not possible , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To