When running a Canvas report an Error - Role Based Security Prevent the viewing of the component - appears. See below screenshot:
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Canvas Report
- Analytics & Reporting
- Detailed Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
You run a Canvas report based on Live Data, the system return error Role Based Security Prevent the viewing of the component
The user do not have sufficient permission to view a module content for Domain such as "Employee Profile", "Succession" etc.
Try to find the missing permission using the Check Tool for RBP and Canvasreport -> 2857327 - [Q4 2019] Check Tool for Report - Canvas (Detailed & Advanced Reporting)
If the check tool does not work, there are two resolution for this issue:
1) In order to Run, Create and View Canvas Detailed Reporting Live data report, user has to be granted the permisson in BizX to Run or Create Table report based on Subdomain schema such as Employee Profile.
- User does not have sufficient permission to view this query and User cannot run report on "emp_profile" for oqtAdHocThree / Other domain such as Succession etc.
- Go in the admin center > User role search > check for the user role permission
- Go to Manage Role Permission > Permission > Reports Permission > Run Report > Check if the Domain is selected (Example: Employee Profile)
- Grant the permission, save
- Go to Analytics > run the report again
See the screenshot:
2) The second solution is to check if the report has at least one measure and column select. See below an incorrect example:
See correct example:
Canvas, Headcount, Composite table, RBP error, Role base permission error , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem