While importing SCORM content via the LMS' Import Content Tool, an error message is displayed.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Content > Tools
- Select Import Content
- Try to import a file and one of the following errors is triggered:
- The parser could not validate the SCORM Import file due to the following reason(s). Proceeding with the import may incompletely import the file, or the file itself may be corrupt. You may choose to continue with the import at your own risk.
- The SCORM parser could not recognize the package schema version. Please select a SCORM package version and import the SCORM file.
There are some possible reasons for this behavior and all are related to content development:
- Schema Version is missing in the SCORM Course IMSManifest file.
- Schema Version is incorrectly formatted in the SCORM Course IMSManifest file.
- Special characters on the imanifest file
- There is a php file type in the zip file
For all the reasons mentioned, please contact your content developer, as changes on the content will be required.
- To fix the behavior for reasons 1 and 2, the content developer needs to correct the Schema Version in the Manifest file to match the SuccessFactors LMS pattern.
Below is an example of SCORM 1.2 Schema Version.
- For reason 3, please remove any special characters (
) on the Manifest file.
- For reason 4, PHP files are not supported for content on LMS. To fix this, your content developer should remove the PHP files from the content package.
- You can find more information regarding SCORM versions 1.2, 2004 2nd and 4th Editions and also for AICC by clicking here.
- Please find in the Attachment section a sample IMSManifest file which can be downloaded and used for comparison
SCORM, 1.2, 2004, 2nd, 4th, IMSManifest, Schema Version, import content tool, import, content, error, The SCORM parser could not recognize the package schema version. Please select a SCORM package version and import the SCORM file. Cannot find the declaration of element 'manifest' error. , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem