- Starting of Dashboards Designer takes several minutes when Live Office addin is installed and enabled.
- When Dashboard designer is loaded, a "Server Busy" window is displayed until the Excel and Live Office addin is not loaded.
- Same long startup time is observed in when starting Excel without Dashboard Designer, and the startup screen displayed for a server minutes
- There is no internet conncetion on the client where the Dashboard Designer and Live Office installed
- When Live Office addin is disabled in the Excel, COM addins the Dashboard Designer starts quickly
- Symptom cannot be observerd in Word and Powerpoint with Live Office
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.x
- SAP BusinessObjects Live Office 4.x
- Microsoft Excel
- No Internet connection
Reproducing the Issue
In Dashboard Designer:
- Launch Dashboard Designer
- "Server Busy" window is displayed until the Excel and Live Office addin is not loaded
In Microsoft Excel:
- Launch Microsoft Excel
- Startup logo is displayed for several minutes and nohting happens
- At the loading of Excel addins the excel application is trying to validate the certificate of the installed addins, such as Live Office
- This validation process runs to timeout caused by missing internet connection
- Check the options in the Internet explorer disable the certificate validation process at Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and unselect the following options:
- "Check for server certificate revocation" controls whether revocation checks occur for HTTPS connections.
- "Check for publisher’s certificate revocation" controls whether revocation checks occur when validating the Authenticode digital signatures on downloaded programs and ActiveX controls.
slow, dashboard slow, dashboard server busy, live office hangs, live office freezes, , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , BI-BIP-LO , Live Office , Problem