The 'Assign Me as Owner' Action via Workflow Rule does not work when an Account is created via Lead Conversion.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
You set up a Workflow Rule with the Action: Assign Me as Owner to an Account with the Timing: On Creation Only. But it does not work specifically to the case of accounts getting created via Lead Conversion.
Reproducing the scenario:
- Go to the Sales Work Centre;
- Go to the Leads View;
- Open Lead ID 123 (123 represents the Lead ID);
- It is assigned to Company XYZ (XYZ represents the company name);
- Click on Actions > Convert To Opportunity (alternatively you can use any other convert action that will result in account creation);
- On the Opportunity Quick Create screen, fill in the necessary data;
- Click Save;
- Besides Opportunity 123, Account XYZ has also been created;
- However, the Workflow Rule is not triggered and the assignment of Owner did not take place.
Technically speaking, when a Lead is converted, no new account is created. The account is already 'on hold' in the system backend, as soon as the lead is created - the conversion action changes the status of the existing backend account from 'In Preparation' to 'Active'.
The account got created in the background with 'In Preparation' status during the creation of the lead and then the status is changed during the Lead conversion.
To make the rule work during for both the creation of new accounts and during lead conversion, you need to make some changes:
- Timing: On Every Save;
- and add a condition for the status: (Before Change) to "In Preparation".
Note: This applies to all Workflow Rules for Accounts created via Lead conversion.
Account ; Lead ; Conversion ; Prospect ; In Preparation , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , How To