While registering for a course in the LMS, an error such as below can be displayed sometimes:
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable data: "***.*" at: com.plateausystems.elms.util.helper.I18nUtil.checkParseError(I18nUtil.java:659)
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the LMS instance
- Try regsitering yourself or a colleague to a course that has a price
- You might receive that error message or a similar one
The error is displayed possibibly of an incorrect format used for the price of the Item or the Scheduled Offering for the locale set for the user attempted to be registered.
The Admin will need to update the Item and/or the Scheduled Offering price as per the currency pattern used in the locale.
The format for the price of an item can be found by going to:
- References > Geography> Locale
- Open the specific locale of the affected user > Currency Pattern tab
- A hint will be dislpayed to illustrate the format that needs to be used: for instance 1000,00 or 1000.00.
enroll; message; java.text.ParseException; Unparseable data; plateausystems.elms.util.helper.I18nUtil.checkParseError; currency pattern; registration error; , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COM , Commerce , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Problem