A Date and a Timestamp Field (any Date/Timestamp Field from the queried domain) is selected as chart data Category (X-axis). The Dashboard tile shows the correct data in the chart, however no details are displayed in the drill down.
When a Non-Date or none-timestamp Field is used, the drill down shows results.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Step through each item in the Analytics Tile Builder process (Admin Center > Manage Dashboards > Manage Standard Dashboards and YouCalc Files > Analytics Tile Builder).
- Choose your domain. In setting up the tile, select a Date / Timestamp field as a Category for the chart data.
- You will notice the following message prompt: "Looks like you have selected a date field as a category. Please note that date fields are currently not supported as a category. No drill down list will be available"
- Confirm fields needed in the Drill Down tab.
- Preview the tile and drill down on a specific column.
- Result with Date field: Drill down shows no data/results.
Result with timestamp field: Error message.
Currently the pivot function in Dashboards 2.0 doesn’t work with date and timestamp values.
Currently the pivot function in Dashboards 2.0 doesn’t work with date values.
A possible workaround is to use Adhoc reporting to get the details.
If you feel the behavior should be changed, please feel free to submit an enhancement request:
2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products
Dashboards 2.0, Tile Builder, Dashboards Category, Chart Category, Date fields , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-DSH , YouCalc Dashboards and Tiles (Dashboards 2.0) , Product Enhancement