While creating a join or combined data source, some of the calculated or restricted key figures from the join members cannot be found.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Data Sources work center view.
- Click "New" and then on "Combined" or "Joined data source".
- In the Create Data Source screen, click Add Data Source.
- Select the data source which you want as join member.
- The desired key figure from this data source cannot be found.
This behavior is common to key figures which are part of a Key Figure Structure. By default, key figure structures cannot be used to model new data sources, since objects belonging to Key Figure Structures often rely on each other and therefore could generate inconsistencies if added individually from one data source to another. In this case, the Join Data Source created may not be calculated correctly and the result consistency cannot be ensured if we enable these key figures. Hence, it is possible only to include only the direct key figures coming from the data source. Any such need can be met by creating a new key figure on the new join data source created (for example, creating a new Calculated key figure based on the desired key figure).
The same can also happen with SAP created restricted or calculated key figures.
Key Figure groups cannot be used for custom data sources. Please see <2500563 - Key Figure Groups in Customized Data Sources> for reference.
For SAP restricted or calculated key figures, you can check the formula or restriction here:
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Key Figures.
- Search for the required key figure.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon to open the documentation.
- It will open a new window when you can check how this key figure is set up. If such a key figure is required, you can try and rebuild it based on your custom data source. Please note that most likely, the formula will be using further restricted or calculated key figures and not all elements may be available for reuse (See the KBA <1708645 - Analytics Content Cannot Be Created or Rebuilt> for reference). You can contact your implementation partner for assistance if required.
Key Figure Structure; Key Figure Not Found; Key Figure Cannot be Found; Cannot Add Key Figure; Key Figure Missing , KBA , key figure not found , key figure missing , cannot add key figure , key figure structure , key figure cannot be found , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement