- SAP ASE 16.0 SP02 PL04 patch was applied to a new SAP ASE 16.0 SP02 installation.
- ASE server hit an "infected with signal 11" error in the module mem__pageallocate_this_engine() with a stack trace:
Current process (0x1ae911d1) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001a65fa0 (mem__pageallocate_this_engine+0x100), siginfo (code, address) = (128, 0x(nil))
- The stack trace included the following modules:
- The terminated process left the Engine Local Cache (ELC) spinlock unreleased which brought the ASE down:
Spinlocks held by kpid 451482065
Spinlock eresourcep->erprocelc_spin at address 0x00002aaab1797480 owned by 451482065
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR801912, CR#801912, 801912, "Shared ELC Access", ENGINE_RESOURCE, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, registers, 707, 718, memory, stacktrace, ELC spinlock, free space, overwriting, memory corruption, enable large chunk elc , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.