- Creating a new SQL Server Database connection in SAP Analytics Cloud does not save the connection.
- The following error appears in the menu System > Monitor > Trace:
Failed to call SAP Analytics Cloud agent. Please contact your administrator to ensure that SAP Analytics Cloud agent is running, is configured correctly, and is reachable from the SAP HANA Cloud Connector. HTTP Status: /service/api/epm/cs
Failed to call SAP BusinessObjects Cloud agent. Please contact your administrator to ensure that SAP BusinessObjects Cloud agent is running, is configured correctly, and is reachable from the SAP HANA Cloud Connector. HTTP Status: /service/api/epm/cs
- The SAP Analytics Cloud Agent is correctly configured and you are able to import data from data sources such as SAP Business Warehouse (BW).
- Trying to create a model off a SQL Database within SAP Analytics Cloud below error is displayed.
- In the Tomcat server traces (tomcat8-stderr.log file) you can find the following lines:
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.8 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Click Main Menu > Modeler > Models
- Click "+" to create new Model.
- Select "Use a datasource"
- Click SQL Database
- Select the previously saved SQL Server Database Connection
- Error is displayed or nothing happened and trace is generated with error mentioned above.
The driver selected is not supported by the Java version used by Tomcat (1.8).
In your JDBC drivers configuration file DriverConfig.properties, use the sqljdbc4.jar file instead of the file sqljdbc.jar
MS SQL Server 2014=<PATH_TO_JDBC_DRIVERS>\sqljdbc4.jar
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
acquire, acquisition, sql server, sqlserver, connect, service, api, epm, cs, modeler, creation, failed to call agent, BOC, C4A, cloud for analytics, EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects , KBA , odestdata is undefined , agent is not configured sac , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem