When initiating the Onboarding 1.0 process an error is generated as below:
- Unable to initiate onboarding process. The following Onboarding fields are missing or invalid: [FirstName, LastName].
- Unable to initiate onboarding process. The following Onboarding fields are missing or invalid: [FirstName].
- Unable to initiate onboarding process. The following Onboarding fields are missing or invalid: [LastName].
- "Please ask your system administrator to verify the fields are mapped correctly and that they contain valid data."
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Search for the appropriate Requisition;
- In the Requisition > search for the Candidate;
- Click on "Initiate Onboarding".
There are two possible causes:
A change in the Configuration would have happened to some of the fields in Onboarding 1.0.
The field is empty inside Candidate Profile or Candidate Application, with no value inserted.
For Scenaro 1:
- Go to the Admin Center > Setup Onboarding 1.0 Integration;
- Reselect the field mapping for the fields for which you were getting the error. (Here it would be First Name, Last Name, etc...);
- Then save;
- Try again to Initiate Onboarding the same way.
For Scenario 2:
- Open the Requisition which is being affected and the respective Candidate;
- Click in "View Profile";
- Now, click on "History";
- Confirm if there were a change of the field value that system is pointing the error;
- Do the same verification inside the Candidate Application > History;
- If there are fields with empty values, it will be necessary to update them so data will be stored. This update can be performed either by a Recruiter or a Candidate, as long as the permission for "Write" is granted for these roles.
SF, Success, Factors, ONB, OBD, Onboarding, 1.0, RCM, Unable, Initiate, Onboarding, Process, Following, Onboarding, Fields, Missing, Invalid, FirstName, LastName , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-INT , Integrations with Onboarding , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem