Not able to update a user record in Manage Users or in Employee import
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
When you go to:
- Admin Center
- Update User Information
- Manage Users
- Trying to update a user record and receives the following error:
This behavior can also happen on doing an Employee Import through jobs or an Employee Import. It is possible to receive this error message
This is a data issue. There is a circular loop with the manager (whom your are trying to assign) as one in the cycle. You get that error message when you have a loop in the hierarchy and the system does not support loops.
Examples of loop:
- manager reporting to his own direct report
- User A is manager of User B
- User B is manager of User C
- User C is manager of User A
- Go to Admin Center > Update User Information > Employee Export > Export the file> Save the file
- Go to Admin Center > Update User Information > Employee Import > Select the file and "Validate File"
Please note that the system will show the issue(s) with Manager Cycle, please correct them.
Manager cycle detected. Employee import , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-USR , User Management , Problem