- Custom Tiles feature is not embedding videos(URLs);
- Video on Custom Tile is not playing.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Home Page.
- Click in a custom tile with an embedded video.
- The video is not showing up or not playing.
There are two possible reasons for this issue:
- The video is no longer available on the source url and it is an issue on the third party that is hosting the video file.
- or "Sanitize all reach text inputs" and "Enable filter for source code in Company Resources and Customer RTE Homepage Tiles" are enabled, on Company Settings;
First we check if the video embedded is still available. To do so follow the below steps:
- Go to Manage Home Page;
- Click the edit icon (pencil icon) for the tile that you are facing issue with;
- Scroll down to the Navigation session;
- On the Content section, click the <> icon to see the source code;
- It will open a popup with the content on HTML;
- Check on the video URL on section <source src=;
- Copy the url and open on a new tab;
- If it opens correctly the issue should be solved by the description below, if the video is not opened or downloaded you need to check with your IT or the provided of the host service to re-upload the file or change the url on the tile for a URL that have the video.
If the video is correctly stored on a public URL, you need to check on the "Sanitize all reach text inputs" and "Enable filter for source code in Company Resources and Customer RTE Homepage Tiles".
The option "Sanitize all rich text inputs" can be disable on Admin Center, for that you can follow the steps below:
- Go Admin Center -> Company Settings > Company Setting and Logo;
- Disable the option "Sanitize all rich text inputs";
The option "Enable filter for source code in Company Resources and Customer RTE Homepage Tiles" needs to be disabled on Provisioning. For this please engage your Implementation Partner or open a new incident with SAP Product Support under component LOD-SF-PLT-TIL.
- Go to Provisioning > Company Settings page;
- Disable the option "Enable filter for source code in Company Resources and Customer RTE Homepage Tiles":
Video, Videos, Embed custom tiles , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-TIL , Custom Tile/Card Issues , LOD-SF-PLT-HOM , Home Page , Problem