When migrating a file using Migration tool the value conversion for an ID is not recognized.
The target value filed for the Id is not auto filled even though that ID is already present in the system.
Key -> F4 help also does not have these value for the IDs conversion.
However when values are entered manually, the error is rectified/conversion is confirmed.
(In case you have huge number of records to be uploaded, It is tedious to map each and every IDmanually.)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Overview subview.
- Select the Activities option from the dropdown Show.
- Search for the required Migration object.
- Execute step by step migration.
- At the Value Conversion step the Target Value description is empty for all the IDs. It has to be manually added one by one using the F4 help.
This is expected system behavior. However we have a work around available for the Ids conversion following below mentioned step:
1. In the required MigrationTool select value help for Show and select a recent Completed File from the list.
2. Now select action at You Can Also -> Export Value Conversion to File.
3. Then Open the exported .trv file with MS-EXCEL and find the translation Object for which value conversion is required.
4. Add new lines for translation Object. Here you can enter all the source id and target ids under corresponding columns and save the .trv files. e.g.
Column A -> Enter Source IDs,
Column B -> Enter Target IDs.
5. Now in the Action ->You Can Also select Import Value conversion from File to the same completed file with the above .trv file.
6. Once you finish the import of conversion file, then switch to the Not completed file and start executing the migration.
7. Here you can see all the target Value is populated automatically, you do not need to enter it manually one by one and the conversion objects
are still keeping the conversion value next time when you use this migration object except you have new ID created which does not exist in the system,
then you need to repeat above steps again if you do not want to manually enter target value.
NOTE: To edit the .trv file, You can use MS-Excel for Windows, but when pop-up to ask do you Want to Keep the Existing Format please select Yes.
(however do not use excel in MacBook, it will not work).
KBA , convert value step , value conversion , migration , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To