An item and class have "User can Self-Register" disabled, but the user is still able to assign the item to the learning plan.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Access Learning as a user >
- Navigate to the library >
- Search for the item >
- The item has "Assign to Me" even though self-registration is disabled.
This is how the Learning application behaves with this setting:
- The "User can Self-Register" at the item level is to dictate the class level default setting.
- At the class level, the user can self-register is for the class registration process and having the item on the learning plan is not an actual registration. Having the item on the learning plan allows the user to see what classes are available.
Potential workarounds to stop users from self-assigning items (i.e. "Assign to me" option on the library search):
1. Remove the permission which controls it "Add to Learning Assignments" from the user's role:
- Note: If you remove the permission, then user will not have the "Assign to me" option to ANY items in the library(ies) they have assigned.
- Please see Adding or Removing Security Workflows in SAP SuccessFactors Learning Roles User Assistance Documentation for more information on how to do this.
2. Remove the item from the libraries the user has access to:
- Please see Adding Learning Items to a Course Catalog User Assistance Documentation for more information.
Note 1: If the item has also online content related to it (Item type: Instructor-Led with Online Content or Online) users will still be able to launch this online content.
Note 2: If the item is linked to a curricula, the behavior still persists. That is, users will still be able to self assign to the curricula which the item with option "User can Self-Register" disabled is linked as content, but it will be not possible to register to any available classes.
learning, lms, catalog, libraries, library, items, item, class, classes, schedule offering, schedule offerings, courses, training, self-assignment, Assign to Me, self, registration, assignment, plan, approval, process, stop, keep, prevent, restrict, allow
, KBA , user can self-register , self registration , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Class - Scheduled Offerings , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , Problem