Is it supported to migrate from youCalc rules engine for HRIS to Business Rules for Event Reason Derivation or Business Rules for Workflow Derivation for live customers?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Successfactors Employee Central
- Yes it is possible, however migrating from youCalc rules engine for HRIS to Business Rules for Event Reason Derivation or Business Rules for Workflow Derivation requires careful planning and testing is this is a manual process.
- There is no automated way for partners or customers to migrate from youCalc to Business Rule Derivation for Workflows however these migrations will be included in upcoming release cycles.
- For Event Reason derivation, within the first half 2020 Release (April 10 for Preview and May 15 for Production) existing Event Reason Derivation XML rules will be deprecated and transitioned to ‘OnSave’ Business Rules via an automated Migration Script in the b2005 release. However the migration to Business Rules for Workflows derivation is currently not scheduled.
- The migration to Business Rules for Event Reason Derivation during the release cycle is not optional as it is part of our continued effort to move data models to admin tools
- Following each release it is recommended that you test your event reason derivation processes to validate the migration was successful
YouCalc, Event Reason Derivation, Workflow Derivation, Business Rule, ECT-125350, Workflow , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To