- Error encountered when running UserConnector - SF: "Length of Column exceeds Max. specified length."
- Exception code is 1166
- Error is similar to the following: Length of Column exceeds Max. specified length. LMS_FIELD: "Value of field" Row ending line number: # Row starting with - "active","###","##","###"
- Note that LMS_FIELD may be any field, including CURRENCY_CODE, ORG_ID, among others. The Xs assist in determining the affected row inside the file and will have data specific for your input file.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
- The database has a limitation of length for each field. Please note that this limit may differ among different fields.
- The limit is set in the database and any change on it needs to be submitted as an enhancement request.
- Check the Connector Workbook for the length limitation of each field.
- Kindly see the unit of the length specified in the Connector Workbook as it is standardly displayed with the Unit of bytes and not characters.
- Fixing the data in the file will keep the connector job to generate the exception, the fix may have to be performed in BizX as the file is generated from its export.
- Please see example below: CURRENCY_CODE
This field is referenced in the database.
Default Currency Preference for the user. Connector will not update Currency for existing records as the user may modify the preference via the UI.
If null defaults to configuration value. If the value is invalid then the record is rejected.
2404463 - LMS Connectors - Connector Workbooks FAQ
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, user connector sf exception, field length, error code 1166 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem