- How to add URL links on MDF portlet?
- Can external links be added using MDF UI screen?
- How to pass URL parameters for links using MDF?
- URL links and lables getting truncated.
NOTE: Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Metadata frameowrk (MDF)
MDF allows customers to add Links to the MDF Portlets along with setting up tokes/parameters for the URL link where the users can be directed to in internally or externally. Below are the steps for creating URL Links on MDF objects
- Identify all the required parameters that are needed for your URL and create an Object Definition where you can add all your Parameter values and save it.
2. Create data for your MDF object
3. For the Object Definition where you would like to have the URL links configured on the UI, add a custom field of Generic Object type. The Valid Value Source for this field will be your object you created for storing the URL parameter values.
4. Now configure the UI for the above object where you would like to add the link. Go to Manage Configure UI section and Add Link
5. Click on Edit Properties to enter details for the link as shown below and enter the required details and save the settings.
The URL Tokens will use the values from the MDF object where the required parameters were added. Once you have created the data for the users, the link will appear on the MDF Portlets in Employee Profile section.
Note: To direct the users to an external link, append the url with https in Enter URLsection above.
Note regarding layouts of custom UI groups:
1) If you have a requirement where you need to provide long lables for the URL links or fields, we recommend creating a separate UI group rather than creating a nested UI group.
2) Form layout renders the content in a label-value pair (vertically) and it trims/ truncates the fields/ labels so as to accommodate the pair in one single row.
3) Whereas, in Flow layout, you can keep on adding more and more fields and the group will keep on accommodating them by expanding itself in firstly horizontal and then vertical area. => that is why the name "FLOW". However truncation of the lables can happen in any layout (flow or form), if the label size itself is greater than until cell size.
MDF: Metadata Framework, Links, URL, hyperlink, URL links, UI screen, Add link, truncated labels, long field names, flow, form, custom UI group , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , How To