- How to restrict users from registering into multiple Classes during a certain period?
- What is the use of "Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval" in the Item Details tab of a learning item?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
For finding the Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval field, follow the below steps:
- Go to an Item
- Under Item Details Tab, scroll to the "Registration Settings" section
- The "Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval" is under this section (Step 2)
- Enter a numeric value on the field with the number of days the user is not allowed to register again in another scheduled offering for the same learning item
- Click the "Save" button to apply the changes
The Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval configuration sets the number of days that the user is not allowed to register again in another scheduled offering of the selected learning item. For example: If "User A" registers for a scheduled offering 'CPR' which is scheduled for every day of the week for the next 14 days. Setting the Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval days to 14 prevents users from enrolling in more than one class of the selected learning item within the 14 day period other classes of the same learning item are being offered. The User won't even be able to find the item in a catalog search.
The intent of the "Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval" field is to avoid people enrolling in multiple offerings and showing up to their favorite, and being a no-show at the others. This forces users to pick the one they actually plan to attend.
- This works the same for Completed items and No show status. If a User is trying to register again for the item which is already marked as complete and has registration threshold set, then until the number of days mentioned in the "Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval" is passed, user will not be able to register for the new offering of the same item.
- However, kindly note that the user has to directly complete the Class and that the instructor is the one who records the attendance/completion for the user. If the item completion is done by an admin (instead of the instructor recording an attendance for the user), system will not recognize that the user attended and completed the Class, hence the Threshold will not go into effect and the user will still be able to enroll to other schedules.
- If you do not see the Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval field on the Item Details page, check if this field is enabled to be viewed by following:
- Navigate to Learning Administration -> System Administration -> Configuration -> Entity Configuration
- Set "Select Entity" to "Item" in the dropdown
- Then check the "Display" checkbox for the Field Name "Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval".
- Click" Save"
Threshold, Restricting, Prevent, Register scheduled offering, Class, No Show, sf, success factors, LMS, Prevent Multiple Class Registration Interval , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Scheduled Offerings , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Problem