Internal candidates could not edit zip code in the candidate profile.
The issue presented in this article will be true just if you have the option Revert to using Succession Data Model for permissions for sm-mapped fields under admin center > Manage Recruiting Settings checked. This option makes the system consider the permissions for sm-mapped field defined in Succession data model, otherwise, the permissions are controlled using RBP. For more details check article 2533406.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to career tab and open candidate profile
- A field that is sm-mapped to the employee profile is not editable field
- Check permissions and internal candidate has write permission
- Sm-mapped with write permission to everyone (*) in Succession Data Model
The data model had to have write permission for "E" role in addition to the write permission for all (*) in order for candidate to edit that field in candidate profile.
- Add write permissions in data model for the "E" role
- Navigate to careers tab open candidate profile
- Fields are now editable by internal candidates
2533406 - Candidate Profile sm-mapped fields permission via RBP
sm-mapping, field not editable on internal candidate profile , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , Problem