Time Account Rule: Period End is not triggered on the date as expected.
Reproducing the Issue
1) Go to Business Configuration workcenter.
2) Go to Implementation Projects view.
3) Show All Current Projects and click go.
4) Highlight the First Implementation project and select Open Activity List.
5) Navigate to All tab and show Activities in Project and find Time Accounts.
6) Open the link and select the option Maintain Time Account Rules.
7) Select the Time Account XXX.
8) Go to the tab Period End Rules.
Period End Processing Date: Annually MMM DD
Trigger Before Period Processing Date (in Days): D days
Steps to check the Period End Rule Trigger:
1) Go to Time Administration workcenter.
2) Go to Employees view.
3) Show All Employees and search an employee.
4) Select Edit.
5) Go to Time Account Balances tab.
6) Highlight the entry XXX.
7) In the Postings tab, you are able to see that there was a Posting done on next day of Period End Processing Date.
The number of days in The Trigger Before Period Processing Date tab indicates the number of days before the Period End Processing Date on which the Period End Processing will be executed, But the Posting to Time Account occur only after the Period End Processing date which is the next day of Period End Processing Date.
Hence, e.g., if the Period End Processing Date is on 1st April, if Trigger Before Period Processing Date is set as 3, Period End Processing is triggered on 29th April but the postings to the account will be on 2nd May.
System works as designed.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To