When setting up interviews, the organizer can configure the number of days from the interview to send the SMS notification. When the Upcoming Interview Reminder (SMS) email trigger is enabled, it kicks off a scheduled job, which runs every four hours and checks for which SMS reminders should be sent based on the interview reminder configuration on all the interview schedules in the instance.
The job checks for interviews booked at the time the job runs, and up to four hours before the job runs. Candidate will receive their reminders between x days and x days minus four hours from the interview time.
For example, if candidate John Smith has an interview booked on Friday, May 8 at noon PST, and Interviewer Jane Doe schedules an SMS reminder one day before, John receives the SMS notification on Thursday ,May 7 between 8am and 12 p.m. PST.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All versions
Process to enable SMS service:
- SMS notifications require a contract with SAP Mobile Services which is a paid service.
- There is a setup fee, and customers are required to pay each month for messages sent.
- Prices per message range depending on the country. There may also be costs to acquire short codes or long codes, depending on the country minimum requirements.
- Please get in touch with your Sales Rep or CSM for information on setting up SAP Mobile Services and getting a contract.
Once contract is done, you can enable the Short SMS Service by following below steps:
- Navigate to SuccessFactors Admin Center> Manage Recruiting Settings Short Message Service (SMS) and check the Enable SMS messaging option.
- Username, password and url will be provided by SAP after contract
- Enter the SAP Member Services account user name, password, URL, and desired countries.
- Navigate to Admin Center >Manage Recruiting Email Templates and create a new template for SMS messages, or select an existing template. Make sure to select Enabled in the SMS Status field, then add the SMS message text.
- Associate the e-mail template with one of the Recruiting Email Triggers that supports SMS Notifications: Candidate Opt-In, Candidate Self-Scheduled Interview, or Upcoming Interview Notification SMS Trigger, and enable the SMS checkbox on the trigger
It is also important to mention that this tool is currently not available to any other RCM functionality, other than RCM Interviews, (specifically the triggers "Candidate Self-Schedules Interview", "Upcoming Interview Reminder (SMS)" and "Schedule Interview Reminder (SMS)".
SMS ; Interview Scheduling ; Shot Message Service ; Enable SMS messaging ; Account URL ; Text Message ; Recruiting Notification , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-IVW , Interview Central, Interviews, Scheduling etc , How To