You want to create new Opportunities. You have maintained the generation data in the sheet General and sales employee data in the in the sheet Involved Parties of migration template for Opportunities.
During the execution of Migration of Opportunities you receive the error.
Error: Please enter another partyID. Product Manager XYZ does not exist in master data
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Business Configuration workcenter
2. Select Implementation Projects.
3. Select Open Activities list
4. Search the activity Migration of opportunities
5. Select Migrate opportunities using the migration tool
6. Select and Execute step by step migration
The error occurs when the value for the field Party ID in the sheet Involved Parties is not entered correctly.
Please enter the value for the field Party ID as Business Partner ID instead of Employee ID and re execute the migration.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To