Starting 1608, we have new view Chunk in Responsive UI.
Below is the functionalities of Views in Responsive UI.
- List control will be shown as list by default in desktop. RUI framework will provide a chunk view feature by default for all list controls. This chunk view will be a RUI framework feature and is not dependent on chunk view configured by applications. RUI framework will ignore the chunk view configured by application wherever its configured. All other alternate visualization configured by application will be available to business users along with new chunk view.
- List control will be shown as Chunk View by default on smart phones ( This chunk view is optimized further for smart phone). All other alternate visualization will be available to business users except for List.
- If business users changes an alternate visualization for a list ( for e.g. Business user decides to choose map view as alternate visualization of account OWL), RUI framework will set it as default alternate visualization for that specific list for that particular device. All personalization are device specific. If user changes the device, user will get to see list visualization based on point 1, 2 or 3.
- For chunk view , since we don’t have a concept of leading object in 1608, we will display the first column of table as Object Title or Chunk View Title. Navigation of leading object is based on what is configured as First Column. If we configure for e.g. Date or Status field as first column, then no navigation will be triggered.
- Chunk view in cozy mode will not show any links. For e.g., if you are account owl, you will not see a link for navigation to owner. Cozy mode will enable only one navigation which will work based on point 5. Compact mode will show all links in addition to one click navigation based on leading object described on point 5.
- Chunk views configured by applications will no longer be visible on RUI.
- As of now, RUI framework does not support thumbnail view visualization.
- If alternate visualization is configured as default. For e.g. If map view is configured as default UI, map view will be shown instead of list or chunk view depending on device.
- All changes are local to device. No change transaction is involved here.
- RUI chunk view will show first 6 columns.
Also refer SCN guide for additional details:
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To