The Placeholder defined for a custom field in the e-mail workflow rule for Sales Quote does not fetch any data in the e-mail content.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Open the Workflow Rules.
- Search and Edit the workflow rule ABC (ABC indicates the name of the workflow rule).
- Under Define Actions steps you have added a placeholder #XXX# (XXX represents the the custo field added as the placeholder).
- Add the placeholder in the content of the uploaded e-mail template.
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Sales Quote tab.
- Search and open a sales quote.
- Do some dummy changes and Save.
- With the above action the workflow rule ABC triggeres an e-mail.
- The value for field XXX is missing the content of the e-mail.
You have added the custom field XXX in the Overview tab of the Sales Quote but not on the Header.
As the Sales Quote workflow view uses the extension field of the quote header, it is correct that the field is initial, and hence it is not available the triggered e-mail content.
The solution is to ask the PDI developer/partner to fill the extension field XXX on the Sales Quote header.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To