The Partner Contacts are created via migration template, however for all of these Partner Contacts a user was automatically created by the system.
Reproducing the Issue
1.Go to Buisness Patner wokcenter.
2. Search ID : XXX which is avaiable under this workcenter, it should not appear as an Employee.
3. Above ID is a Contact person as it was migrated via the Migration of Partners template.
1. Go to Sales workcenter.
2. Go to Opportunities view.
3. Show All.
4. Search YYY.
5. Select YYY and navigate to tab Sales Team.
6. Add Role: Sales Employee.
XXX should not appear in the list as this is not an Employee.
Partner Contacts are always created as External Employees. For that reason they will also show up in all Employee screen that don't filter on the employee type (to show only internal employees). This is due to the fact that the creation of a user requires the Business Partner as an employee.
Please note that Partner Contacts shows up in the Employee screen is independent of the question whether a user was created or not. So, even if no user exists for a Partner Contact you you will see this in the employee screen.
There is a possibility to show only Internal Employees in the Employee screen, if the user sets this parameter Partner Contacts will no longer be shown.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To