- OUTER JOIN queries referencing tables with more than 255 varchar() columns, may fail with Error 696 or Error 692 on SAP ASE environments.
- Error 696/692 in this case involves worktable corruption in a tempdb cache:
Error: 696, Severity: 21, State: 1
An attempt was made to fetch logical page '848' from cache 'saptempdb_cache'. Page belongs to database 'saptempdb' (6), object '<Unknown>' (0), index '<Unknown>' (0), partition '<Unknown>' (-352321540) and not to database 'saptempdb' (6), object 'temp worktable' (-301662209), index '<Unknown>' (0), partition '<Unknown>' (-301662209). Restart of ASE will clear the error. Please contact your System Administrator for help.
- In many cases, this error is followed by Error 803:
Error: 803, Severity: 20, State: 1
Unable to place buffer '0x10ccc71c88' from cache 'default data cache' holding logical page '848' in sdes for object 'temp worktable' - either there is no room in sdes or buffer already in requested slot.
- Subsequently all SAP work processes fail or hang due to the corruption in the cache. The ASE server must be recycled to clear the corruption.
- For systems running SAP applications on SAP ASE, the typical, affected query belongs to program SAPLMEPOLDB:
SELECT TOP 5001 * FROM "EKKO" T_00 LEFT OUTER JOIN "EKPO" T_01 ON T_00 ."EBELN" = T_01 ."EBELN" AND T_01 ."MANDT" = ? AND T_01 ."EBELN" = ? WHERE T_00 ."MANDT" = ? AND T_00 ."ERNAM" = ? AND T_00 ."BSTYP" = ?
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 for Business Suite
sap_oltp, reformatting, 799006, CR#799006, CR799006, optimization, goal, optgoal, uninitialized, work, DOL, store_index , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.