Employee Title is not showing in Company Org Chart and/or Succession Org Chart on users' node:
- Admin user can see Employee Title in the Org Charts, but employees cannot see this information in Org Charts;
- User can see the Employee Title for some users only in Org Charts. For example, manager can see the title for their direct reports, but not for self and/or the peers.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite - Platform
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Company Info > Org Chart or to Succession > Succession Org Chart;
- User(s) cannot see the Employee Title of some or everyone in the nodes;
- Company Org Chart:
- Succession Org Chart:
NOTE: In Succession Org Chart, the Employee Title will be visible only when hovering over the incumbents' name in the position node. In the header of the position node, the system displays the Position Title. More information is available in the KBA 2797187 - Incumbent's title not showing in Position node on v12 Succession Org Chart.
Visibility of Employee Title in Company and Succession Org Charts are controlled by the "read" permission over the employee data field "Title" in Role-Based Permissions (RBP).
First, make sure that users have a title defined, for them to show in Org Charts. This information can be verified in Admin Center > Manage Users > Select Target User > "Title" field has information > if not, populate a value for users in this field.
To enable users to see the Employee Title in Company Org Chart and Succession Org Chart, it is necessary to grant "read" permission for the "Title" field in Role-Based Permissions (RBP) for the target population:
- Go To Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles;
- Select the desired permissions role;
- Click Permission;
- Under section "Employee Data", enable "view" permission to Title field:
- Click Done;
- At the bottom of the page, in "Grant this role to..." define the target population for this permission role;
- Click "Edit Granting" for the target group;
- Restrict or expand the target population for this permission role, for users to be able to se the Employee Title in the Org Charts;
NOTE: This will affect all permissions granted in this permission role, controlled by the target population (sign "†" next the permission).
- For users to be able to see their own Title, the option "Include access to Granted User (Self)" must be enabled;
- Save Changes.
title user employee employee's users users' user's position SOC OrgChart org chart succession platform bizX RBP Role-Based Permissions node mouse over hover , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-ORG , Succession Org Chart , LOD-SF-PLT-ORG , Org Chart Issues , Problem