The performance of the Outlook integration in Interview Scheduling is very slow.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management.
Reproducing the Issue
Where the problem occurs:
- Home > Recruiting > Interview Scheduling > Select the Requisition > Select Candidate (Start Scheduling) > Find Availability
- After choosing the interviewers and click on “Find Availability”, the search for the slots through the Outlook Integration is very slow. You see the loading screen, but it takes very long to finish loading.
The Microsoft Exchange Server is taking a long time to respond to the API request.
- The time this feature takes to process all the data from the Microsoft Exchange Server (connected to each Outlook user's client) is not something SuccessFactors can control, as far as the connections in place are present no errors or integration misconfiguration.
- Usually, according to the delays observed from the logs, there are no errors showing up, and the page does eventually respond. It just takes an excessively long time even with just one interviewer - when we would expect the system to load quicker. That pretty much means the Microsoft Exchange Server is taking a long time to respond to the API request, which is always a possibility with this integration feature.
- Since we have no control over the Exchange end of the connection, there is not a much SuccessFactors can do on its side other than suggesting the following:
- It might make a difference whether you are using "auto-discovery" in the Outlook Integration configuration. It can make a big difference which Exchange server the customers are connecting to, whether they are using Exchange or 365, and whether they are using auto-discovery or an explicit URL. You could try experimenting with different connection settings in Admin Center -> Set up Interview Scheduling Outlook Integration.
SF, success factors, RCM, MS, Performance issues, Slowness , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-IVW , Interview Central, Interviews, Scheduling etc , Problem