The following error message appears when trying to create a new Import Data Connection to SAP BPC:
Connection to host failed: A connection with the server could not be established. Please check the server name and port..
SAP Analytics Cloud (formerly known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud / BOC) 1.0.50
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAP Analytics Cloud(BOC).
- Go to Connection.
- Click on "Add Connection" >> Live Data Connecton.
- Choose SAP BPC.
- Enter the Connection Details and click on "Create" .
- The error message appears.
"https://" is part of the host in the destination file, which is not correct.
Contact SAP Cloud Operations team by logging a support ticket (incident) through the normal channels (support portal) to the BusinessObjects Cloud component LOD-ANA-BI.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Please rate how useful you found this KBA by using the star rating facility at the top of this article.
EPM, SAP, Cloud, for, Planning, Analytics, sc4p, c4p, C4A, On-Premise, Datasource, BPC MS, BPC NW, NetWeaver, Microsoft, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem