You want to change UID in Organizational Management from old company to new company.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Organizational Management wokrcenter and select Organization Structure view.
2. Edit the Org Structure and choose the date DD1.MM1.YYYY1 in the field Currently selected effective-from date.
3. Press OK.
4. Switch to facet Definitions.
5. Note that the value in the field UID Number is XXX.
6. Change the date to DD2.MM2.YYYY2.
7. Press GO.
8. Change the value in the field UID Number to YYY.
10.Switch to facet Timelines
The UID Number shows the value DD3.MM3.YYYY3 in the Valid From field which is the initial Organization set-up date instead of change date DD2.MM2.YYYY2.
The UID field is a Standard ID field which is also synchronized to the twin instance of Business Partner (Supplier, Customer).
Since the field in Business Partner is not time dependent, we always update the Standard IDs for complete validity of the org unit so that the Business Partner and Organizational Management Data are in sync.
System works as expected.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To