When you try to create Automatic Serial Numbers while performing Post Goods Issue by uploading the file, system does not generate any Serial Number ID and throws an error messsage :
Automatic creation of Registered Product for serial number XXX in current operation is not possible. You can manually create a Registered Product in the Registered Product screen. (XXX represents the Serial Number ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Workcenter.
- Go to Delivery Control View and select Delivery Proposals sub view.
- In the field Show, choose All Proposals by Selection by drop down.
- Search for the required Delivery Request ID.
- Select and choose Post Goods Issue button.
- New Window opens up as Create Outbound Delivery and Goods Issue.
- Now under Details Section, navigate to Serial Number subtab.
- Then either enter any value or choose Upload button to upload serial numbers with excel or text file saved in your computer.
- Here system throws you an above error message.
For automatic creation of serial numbers for Customer Delivery, you must maintain Serial Number Profile either as Mandatory on Transfer to/from Customers or as Mandatory on all Logistics & Production Processes in a relevant Product master data.
In order to maintain the required Serial Number Profile,please follow below given steps :
- Go to the Product Portfolio Workcenter.
- Go to Products View and choose By Materials subview.
- In the field search, enter the required Product ID.
- Select ID and choose Edit.
- Navigate to View All and under General tab.
- Under General subtab, in the field Serial Number Profile.
- Using drop-down, choose Mandatory on Transfer to/from Customers as a profile.
- Perform Save.
serial, number, profile, error, Automatic, Creation, Registered, Product, Current, Operation, Not Possible, Manually, Create, Screen , KBA , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , How To