- Target population restrictions (Object based and not user user based) have been applied to the Position MDF object for certain users.
- But the users are able to view information for the restricted positions in the standard Succession tiles:
- Positions by Max Successor Readiness (MDF non-EC)
- Positions by Max Successor Readiness (MDF with EC)
- Most Nominated Successor (MDF non-EC)
- Most Nominated Successor (MDF with EC)
- Successor Readiness (MDF non-EC)
- Successor Readiness (MDF with EC)
- Successors by Role, Stacked by Readiness (MDF non-EC)
- Successors by Role, Stacked by Readiness (MDF with EC)
- This also applies to tile based dashboards built with one or more of the aforementioned tiles
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors MDF Position nomination method + RBP permissions
- SAP SuccessFactors Dashboards
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Center>Manage Employees > Manage Permission Roles.
- Search for and choose the role under concern.
- Edit the target population for the role through 'Edit Granting'.
- Restrict the object target population to positions under 'Specify the target population for the other objects'.
- Login / Proxy as the user under concern.
- Access the Succession tile(s) / Dashboard
- The tiles will fetch data for Positions which were restricted in step 4.
- The permission should be set around Position and not parent position, this permission is restricted based on position using MDF position. This will not work for Vacant position or Talent Pool position
Object based target population control for Ad Hoc reports and dashboards for the Succession subdomain have not been enabled in Provisioning.
- Login to provisioning and access the company under concern.
- Click 'Company Settings'.
- Search for and enable the following switch:
Enable Ad hoc row level permission for Succession subdomain schema (only support MDF Position).
- Use the save button near 'Analytics and Dashboard Tabs & Misc Reporting'.
- If you are in touch with your Consultant / Implementation partner, they can get the above changes applied.
Else please create a support incident and refer this article.
- The position level restriction will work for vacant positions (positions without incumbents) as well, only in instances with Employee Central.
If the instance does not have Employee Central, the only option would be to add filters to the Reports / Tiles, to exclude Vacant positions.
More on this: Reports and Dashboards for MDF Position
MDF Position nomination method, RBP permissions, Succession Dashboards, Object target population, RBP, Filter, not respecting, Position, Vacant Position, Talent Pool , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-DSH , YouCalc Dashboards and Tiles (Dashboards 2.0) , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , Problem