Some courses in catalog shows their full description while others show a "more" link.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Sample with full description:
- Sample without full description:
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
There is a setting on LMS that controls this.
- Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > CATALOG
- Search for the displayMaxItemDescriptionLength configuration setting ( this setting does control the "show more" option in the user catalog search).
# The maximum length (in characters) of a learning item description that displays in the catalog. Default: 100
- The plain text description is used to determine length. HTML tags are ignored.
- All spaces are trimmed. Lead and trailing spaces are removed. Internal spaces are truncated, so " " becomes " " for count purposes.
- If a description has a lot of whitespace in it, that whitespace is being truncated prior to the length check. That's why it shows the whole block and not the "show more".
catalog, item description length, browser catalog, view item details, max description length , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem