How to create a Roambi Pulse view.
- SAP Roambi cloud
Best Used With
Supports multiple levels and series comparisons
Dynamic performance indicators
Pluse view requires a date column
Additional filter items can be introduced in a column
Sample Excel File (attached)
Build Your Pulse
After importing your data, teh Roambi Pulse view will be automatically configured and ready to publish. To further customize
your Pulse view or make changes, tap the "Build Your Pluse View" button on the left.
There are several dimensions and fields that can be configured.
The Chart Dimension defines the time object used in the charts. If you have multiple date columns, you should select the timeframe you would like to use for the charts.
The Row Dimension defines the list of members to display. In this example we will display the various Drug Categories. When
selecting the members, you have the option to select specific members, or even select by a certain performance criteria.
When using a performance criteria you can configure the following options:
- Measure. The measure to be used in the criteria.
- Best Performers or Worst Performers. Click to show the best or worst performers. A checkmark appears next to your selected option.
- High Values are Considered. Choose between Good or Bad.
- Show the Top. Move the slider to the desired position or enter the desired number.
Comparisons defines the list of indicators and KPIs to be compared. Any measure can be used in a comparison, and Roambi
also provides some out of box aggregation methods for you to create aggregated measures.
Comparisons can fall in three major categories:
- Measure vs. Target Value. Compares a measure to a target value that you specify. You can also choose the comparison method, evaluation method and specify constraints.
- Measure vs. Metric. Compares a measure to a metric that you specify. You can also choose the comparison and evaluation method.
- Measure vs. Itself. Compares a measure to itself. You can also choose the comparison method, evaluation method and specify constraints.
Additionally, Roambi provides tou the ability to color code the comparisons in red. green, and yellow base upon selecting an evaluation method and constraints.
Roambi offers 3 comparison methods. The formulas are listed below:
Difference From = Actual - Target
Percentage From = (Actual - Target) / Target
Percentage Of = Actual / Target
The Filter Dimension enables you to select a particular filter dimension if desired. This can help with the display of KPIs when
there is a lot of data or many classifications of data that has to be analyzed separately.
Roambi Analytics Publisher Views , KBA , BI-ROM-CLD-PUB-BI , Roambi Cloud publishing clients – BI, Cognos & SSR , How To