When launching the app or opening a report, Roambi closes suddenly.
The application may crash for a variety of reasons, which can either be report specific, or universal to all reports. This can include, but not be limited to the following:
- Corrupt installation of Roambi Analytics on the device
- Corrupt report file (RBI) generated from the server
- Problem with the source file connected to the RBI
- Conflict with the auto-refresh or sync behavior
- Issue with the backend BI Portal
- Permissions issue
There are a few things to try first when you encounter a crash:
- Delete the problem report from the device and download it again
- Kill the Roambi app from the device app-switcher and launch it again
- Disable sync folders and test
- Re-install the Roambi Analytics app on the device
If the above suggestions do not resolve the issue and the app continues to crash, you can submit a support case. Here are a few details that you should provide:
- What are the exact steps you took that led up to the crash?
- What is your iOS version and Roambi Analytics version?
- Is this the only report that you are unable to open that causes the crash?
- Can others open the same report successfully?
- What type of Roambi View is the report created from? (eg. CataList, Layers, etc.)
- What is the data source of that Roambi report/RBI ?
- Is Auto-refresh or Manual-Refresh enabled on the device?
- Is sync folders enabled?
You can also provide the crash report. Here's how to get it.:
1. Sync your iPad to iTunes on your computer.
2. Find the crash log in the following path:
Windows 7 -
KBA , BI-ROM-APP-IOS , Roambi analytics iOS app , Problem