- Software Update Manager (SUM) fails on a Netweaver 7.0 or higher while using Manually Prepared directory option.
- The error thrown by SUM is:
Error: Cannot apply option Manually prepared directory; this feature is only supported for SAP systems based on NetWeaver 7.0 or higher
- Your SAP system is based on NetWeaver 7.0 or higher, but SUM has wrongly detected the source release as 6.30 as visible in <SUM>\sdt\log\SUM\DETERMINE-ENGINE-RELEASE_xx.LOG
[Info ]: Checking AS Java release using jspm tool.
[Info ]: The tool has not been found in location: h:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<nr>\j2ee\JSPM.
[Info ]: Checking AS Java release using version command.
[Info ]: The tool has not been found in location: h:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<nr>\j2ee\cluster\bootstrap\scripts\version.bat.
[Info ]: Version has not been detected, checking SDM tool.
[Info ]: AS Java release detected:630.
- Any version of Software Update Manager
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0 or higher
Software Update Manager, SUM, DETERMINE-ENGINE-RELEASE, JSPM, SDM, telnet , KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ , Upgrade tools for Java , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.