Is it possible to automatically remove nominations when the nominated user becomes the incumbent for a position?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Legacy Position Model
- If an employee, who was nominated as a successor to a position, actually becomes the incumbent, the system automatically removes that employee from the successor list for this position.
- This enhancement automates the process of identifying successors who become incumbents and then removing them from the successor list.
- By selecting this option, you can optimize your succession process and relieve your talent planners of the manual steps otherwise required.
To activate this enhancement:
- Go to Admin Center > Succession > Nominations Set Up.
- Enable the option: “Automatically remove nominated successor if that user becomes incumbent.”
- With this option activated, when the successor becomes the incumbent for a position, his name is removed from the list of name successors and the change will appear as a “Succeed” change type in the Nomination History.
- However it will still show the Position information in Adhoc report. Let's say the User already Succeeded the position and he/she still appear as nominee in adhoc reports.
- Please include column/filter "Nomination status" to trace whether the nominee has Succeeded or not.
Note: After b1611 release,this option is available for both MDF Position & Legacy Positions Nomination Method.
This feature is not retro-active, so any nominations that have been placed as successors prior to enabling this feature will not automatically be removed.
If using MDF position-based nomination method in your instance and Employee Central is enabled for position management, then automatic removal of successors does not work.
SF, success factors, automatic removal succession nomination incumbent , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-NOM , Nominations - Form Based and Formless , Product Enhancement