How to Grant Report Table Permission to Users?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Report Table
- Detailed reporting
After you have enabled the Table Report Builder and completed module specific configuration steps such as 'Turn on the Module’s specific features' you want to provide permission to access Table Reports to a User or Group of Users and restrict the data they can see.
This document explain how you can do this.
- If you already have a role created you can skip this step otherwise Create a Role via Admin Center - Set User Permissions section, select Manage Permission Roles.
Note: For details you can refer to the Creating a Permission Role guide.
- In the Permission Settings section, click the Permission button to specify the permission you want to assign to the role.
- Select Report Permission from the list and in the right panel scroll down to the Table report options.
Depending of what you want the user(s) assigned to this role to be able to do you can choose Create and / or Run Table Report option by ticking it.
You can also specify which Report Domain you want to give access to. For example, you can choose all domains or, via the other option, select only specific domain (use ctrl + left click to select multiple domains).
At last you can select a group to which you wish to grant this role. You may want a group of users to manage employee records for a certain group of employees. For example, maybe a department manager should edit records within their own department.
- Define whom you want to grant this role permission to.
For example to a custom group (you have created), group derived by relationship (for example, manager -employee relationship derived from the job relationship object) or to Everyone (All Employees. These relationships can be hierarchical or non-hierarchical).
- You can then specify the target population whom the above granted users have permission to access.
The target population is a group of users whom the granted users can have access to.
Target populations can also be custom groups, can be derived from relationships or to everyone.
You can also restrict the user from seeing his/her own data.
For details you can refer to the Granting Permission Roles guide.
- You can then check that the permission is reflected to the desired user via the Admin Center - Set User Permissions section, select View User Permission
- The respective User/s should then have the access to the Table Report Builder and the option to Create or Run (View) Table reports.
Further details are available via the Assigning Role-based Permissions for Table Reports guide.
ad, hoc, report, rbp, permission, adhoc, how, to, give, permission, table, center, permission, run, view, create , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , How To