The Automatic Process (APM) "Learning Expiration Notification" has run successfully, and The "SuccessFactors Overdue Learning Notification" checkbox is unchecked; however, the Learning Expiration Notification email contains the overdue items as well as items about to expire.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to System Admin > Automatic Processes
- Select Learning Expiration
- Uncheck the "SuccessFactors Overdue Learning Notification" check box
- Run the Learning Expiration APM
- The email notification received lists overdue items
This is expected system behavior.
- The LMS does not allow to disable overdue items notification.
- By checking and un-checking the box, you only configure the application to segregate the content into a different emails if required:
- If the "SuccessFactors Overdue Learning Notification" check box (in Notification Defaults) is checked, the system will send out two different emails:
i. One for items that are going to expire (expiration e-mail)
ii. Another one for expired items (overdue e-mail)
- If the check box (in Notification Defaults) is unchecked, the Learning Expiration Notification will contain overdue items and the system will send out a single email (expiration e-mail) for both expired and to-be-expired items
- This preference can be set using following steps:
i. System Admin > Automatic Processes
ii. Select learning Expiration
iii. Set or unset the "SuccessFactors Overdue Learning Notification" as per the requirement:
To submit an Enhancement Request allowing Overdue Notifications to be disabled, please see KB article 2090228 - How to Submit Enhancement Requests for SAP SuccessFactors Products
SF, success factors, LMS, expired, overdue, due date, past email, template, notify, notification, overdue items, e-mail , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Problem