- How to make an SFAPI call?
- How to ensure that the SFAPI call is successful?
- This document can be used to confirm if the user has access to SFAPI.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
This is helpful to troubleshoot issues related to API access, http 401 errors or to verify if the user has access has to make API calls.
NOTE: In order to use SFAPI, please, note, that you need the permissions to use it. See KBA "How to enable SFAPI in SuccessFactors" for more information.
In this article, we have used a Google Chrome extension (this is not an SAP tool/application) to test the SFAPI.
Once the Wizdler extension is added to the browser, place the wsdl url in the browser and hit enter (append /sfapi/v1/soap?wsdl at the end of the api url to get the wsdl url).
You would find the api url of all the data centers from the KBA 2215682
- Click on the icon shown below and select login.
- Enter the Company id, Username and Password as shown below and hit "Go".
- If the call returns a session id, it indicates that the API call is successful and the communication is successful to the API server.
In addition of the steps above (that described the steps for Basic Auth), we can also use Wizdler to connect SFAPI + OAuth (bearer token previously generated).
To do that, please use the following steps in Wizdler > click in the arrow down (right side of GO) and enable HTTP headers
Add one line with Authorization: Bearer your_value_key_previously_generated.
In the envelope, use the text like this (Removing the [string])
Using the steps above you will be able to login also in Wizdler with SFAPI + OAuth (bearer token previously generated in Postman, for example check details in the KBA 2800150)
SF, success factors, SuccessFactors, error, check, SFAPI, using, troubleshoot, test, communication, call, API, SOAP, connection, connecting, SOAP, Wizdler, addon, Authorization: Bearer, token , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , How To