When attempting to approve a workflow request an application error occurs.
An analysis of the server log file by Cloud Product Suport shows the following error:
Remote Exception: while trying to invoke the method java.sql.Connection.prepareStatement(java.lang.String) of a null object loaded from local variable 'conn';
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
The problem is due to missing field values for the 2 character country code and 3 digit country code (numeric -3) fields in the MDF Country object.
In this example the subject user of the workflow request is associated with a legal entity which is associated with country MDF object Poland (POL).
To resolve the problem the appropriate country code field values were added to the country MDF object for Poland.
Country Code (2 char) = “PL”
Country Code (numeric-3) = “616”
Steps to Resolve:
1. Determine the legal entity associated with the user who is subject of the workflow in the Job Information section for the user
2. Determine which country is associated with the legal entity in Admin Center
3. In Admin Center > Manage Data, find the MDF object Country and select the country object associated with the legal entity
4. Review the country MDF object to determine whether the 2 char code and 3 numeric code country code fields have the appropriate values
4. Edit the country object to properly popluate the country code values and save
For a complete list of country MDF object field values including country codes please refer to Kbase Article 2319750 - "What are the Valid Field Values for the Country MDF Object?"
Workflow, application error, approve, approval, country code, ISO country code, MDF Object , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , Problem