- "Could not reach CMS '<IP ADDRESS>:<PORT>'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)" when importing data from a Universe.
- In the Apache Tomcat deployment that is hosting the SAP Cloud Agent the "logs" folder contains a file like "tomcat7-stderr. <YYYY-MM-DD>.log" which shows an attempt to contact the SAP BusinessObjects Central Management Server by host name rather than IP address.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Universes in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence
Reproducing the Issue
- Correctly configure the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent connectivity from SAP Analytics Cloud to your on-premise data sources following the product's documentation.
- Create an SAP BusinessObjects Universe connection in SAP Cloud for Analytics that uses the IP address of the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Central Management Server.
- Notice that the connection fails with the error FWM 20030.
- SAP Analytics cloud uses the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent (Agent) to connect to the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Central Management Server using an IP address.
- The Central Management Server (CMS) in the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform will respond giving a list of CMSs available in the cluster using the FQDN instead of IP address.
- The Agent acting as a BI Platform client won't be able to connect as it can't resolve the FQDNs retrieved.
- Add the fully qualified domain name and IP address of the servers running the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Central Management Server to the hosts file on the machine running the SAP Cloud Agent
- Alternatively, configure DNS correctly in the server hosting the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, BusinessObjects Cloud, SAC, BIP, BOBJ, CMC , KBA , unx , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem