Employee Central Implementation - Alternative Cost Distribution FAQ
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Reproducing the Issue
Before opening an incident with Product Support
Please be sure that before you open a support incident with Product Support, you have performed the following sanity checks on your configuration/data - bearing in mind most issues are due to a configuration issue -:
- The feature is correctly enabled, as described in the related Implementation Handbook
- Correct permissions are granted to the administrator/end-user to be able to use the tool (as specified in the Implementation Handbook)
- Has the configuration changed recently?
- Was it working before the recent changes?
- Can the recent change be un-done so re-testing can be performed?
- Can the issue be reproduced for just 1 or multiple admins?
- If the issue is reproducible for all it is still likely to be a permissions issue.
- If it seems to be related to 1 or a small admin population - the next step is to check and verify the permissions are correctly granted.
- Is the data correct? (Ensure that any recent configuration changes you have made have not caused any data inconsistencies)
- Have you verified that, according to the related Implementation Handbook, the feature is configured according to Best Practices recommended in the handbook?
- Are the custom fields you have added configured correctly and also enabled in the Configuration UI for EmpCostDistrbutionUI template?
Tips & Tricks
Below are some tips and tricks recommended by Product Support, which you should consider first before opening a Support Incident
The Alternative Cost Distribution feature is very simple in configuration, and typically there is not a whole lot that can go wrong with it. The most common issues are in fact configuration related. The most common are noted below :
- 2254967 - Pay Component field drop down list is empty for Recurring Deductions and Alternative Cost Distribution
- 2315012 - Cost Centers are not filtered based on Company in Alternate Cost Distribution
When opening a support incident, please ensure the following information is attached to the incident
- Screenshot of the Error Message - also copy/paste the content of the error message to the incident if possible (for JAVA errors or errorIds)
- Timestamp - Copy/paste the text from the "Show version information" popup into the incident
- Is the issue replicatable for all users or just some/one?
- Screenshots of granted users Role-Based Permissions settings for Advances
- Screenshots of UI configurations
- Please provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue you are encountering - preferably including screenshots - Please make sure that the screenshot is full screen (meaning to show complete web page view)
- When creating an issue, please answer following questions (answer whichever is applicable, if a question doesn't apply in a scenario then answer "Not Applicable"):
- Did this issue start recently?
- Was the same feature or functionality working before?
- Is the issue reproducible for other users?
- If the issue is realted to a Picklist or Object field, then please attach an export of the Picklist/Object data
Alternative Cost Distribution, Alternative Cost Center, Alternative Cost Centre, Employee Central 2.0 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To