Component identified as EIM-DS-EXE per KB Article 2279392 - Support Components for SAP Data Services and SAP Information Steward.
This is a general overview to assist in gathering troubleshooting information to attach to your incident, i.e.. a guide to supplying the materials required to effectively and efficiently work toward a resolution or recommendation for your issue.
At a high level for job execution there are three main categories and you need to determine if the issue relates to one of these:
- Job failures.
- Jobs fail and the job execution error log reflects [E] an error occurred either crashing the job or terminating it.
- Job performance.
- Typically after upgrade or a major design change to an existing job or a significant increase in record volume(s) slowing job execution time.
- Data Integrity issues.
- Missing records or no updates/deletes on Change Data Capture, CDC, designs.
- Unicode handling (codepage, locale).
Alternatively, there can be several design or configuration areas typically presenting where they do not work or are a root cause for an error during configuration:
- Creation/configuration of an ADAPTER and Adapter datastore or WS Soap or Rest datastore.
- Format configuration for flat file, Workbook, Cobol Copybook, etc.
- Web service call from the job.
- Central Repository MultiUser environment understanding and best practice.
- Connectivity for any datastore.
- And those general design 'How to' questions.
All supported versions of SAP Data Services, DS.
KBA , EIM-DS-EXE , Job Execution , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.