NOTE ICON: Information is only for SAP Product Support, Customers and Partners will not have access to this link.
This guide it is to show how the implementation of Bizx with LMS product is made. CUSTOMERS DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS FUNCTIONALITY but maybe would like to learn about it.
NOTE: Customers Administrators will NOT do this implementation. This implementation is only be made by Partners or SAP Implementation Team that has access to Customers Provisioning tool.
Questions for the Customer:
Information Needed for the integration:
You can get the information from Cloud Reporting tool: https://reporting.byd.sap.corp/sap/bc/mdrs/cdo?lifecycle_status=live&location=&system_role=lms&type=crp_tl
The Link Generator will create the necessary links to be set in the LMS’ “BizX” Configuration Properties and in Provisioning, please find attach to the KBA the link generator.xlsx.
This tools will help us on the configuration on the Bizx configuration properties in LMS.
Customers/Partners will receive notification of the name of the customer for the LMS instance, if you miss this informaiton please create an incident in order to review your native link to LMS.
Search for customer name in Cloud Reporting tool : https://reporting.byd.sap.corp/sap/bc/mdrs/cdo?lifecycle_status=live&location=&system_role=lms&type=crp_tl
Use your domain name and password to access the link. i.e.: Example: https://xxxxx.plateau.com/learning/admin/nativelogin.jsp.
NOTE: If the password does not work for PLATEAU when trying to access the instance the first time, please submit an incident with support once you have all the information required in KBA 2326154 (linked in the References section).
Login into LMS as Admin and go to System Admin -> Configuration-> BizX configuration
BizX configuration properties created using the Link Generator
We will be using the “BizX Provisioning” section of the Link Generator to input settings in Provisioning:
Get the information from Cloud Reporting tool about customer’s Datacenter and login to the associated provisioning.
Search for company name and click on company settings.
Search for “Enable SuccessFactors Learning integration” and make sure the checkbox is checked.
Update the “SuccessFactors Learning Integration URI” with the URL from link generator.
Click on Save Feature.
Search for keyword “Reverse”, If the checkbox for Reverse Proxy is checked, the customer is using Akamai/reverse Proxy. See reverse proxy/Akamai for this settings.
Navigate to Company Name-> Service Provider Settings. Click on “Authorized SP Assertion Consumer Service Settings”.
Use link generator to get Assertion Consumer Service and Logout URL.
Click on Save.
If customer is using Akamai or Reverse Proxy settings, please review the points 6.1 or 6.2.
Reverse Proxy: The setup below is to support customer internal proxy server which proxy the LMS server and Content server to a same domain.
Settings apply when:
- The content server is accessible internally only (customer wants to keep the contents private to the intranet)
- The reverse proxy is on the company intranet.
- LMS is integrated with BizX.
- The SuccessFactors Learning Integration URI should point to proxy server.
- The SuccessFactors Learning Integrations API URL should point to the LMS server url in the data center.
- For instance a.plateau.internal is internal URL which won't be accessible from public network. But if a proxy server proxies it which has address b.plateau.com, b.plateau.com will actually hit the LMS but is public accessible URL.
Authorized SP Assertion Consumer Service URL should be as follows.
For additional information regarding reverse proxy setup, please refer following link: http://devcom.plateau.internal/mediawiki/index.php/Category:Lowes_Internal_Proxy_Server_Setup_Guide#Objective
The setup below is to support a customer that is using Akamai for BizX.
The Akamai URL should be placed in the “Reverse Proxy Url Prefix” field as shown below:
- In BizX, permissions need to be set to grant access to the LMS.
- User must be exist in both systems.
- In order for an admin in BizX to be access Learning admin site, admin must have a user and Admin account in the LMS.
- Set the Learning timeout to be the same as the BizX Core application’s timeout - Default 30mins on LMS and BizX (BizX can’t be changed).
7.1. Bizx Login
If support Access is provided to any user in BizX, we can access BizX account of that user using Partner Provisioning. Steps to provide support access are included in next slide.
From environment details of customer in the ticketing tool, we can get information about the user which can be used for Partner Provisioning access.
Steps to access BizX using Partner Provisioning.
- Login into respective Partner Provisioning link for the customer.
- Sort the company id and search for the customer’s company id.
- Click on the company id. Enter the user id having support access and click on Login. You will be able to login into customer’s BizX instance.
Steps to Provide Support Access:
Login into BizX with users account having access to Admin Tools
Click on Home drop down menu and go to Admin Tools
Click on Back to Old Admin Tools
In Manage Security section, search for “Manage Support Access”. Click on the link
Search for the user whom you would like to give support access
Select the checkbox for the desired users account and click on Grant Support Access
The support access is enabled for 2 days before being revoked again. (This is present in the same row of the users account)
What are role-based permissions?
Role-Based Permissions (RBP) manage the permissions in the SuccessFactors suite. RBP controls access to the applications and what users can see and edit. It's a suite-wide authorization concept which applies to the majority of modules.
The main elements in RBP are permission groups and permission roles. If you want to learn more about see information bellow:
Role Based Permissions (RBP)
The implementation guide provides simple steps to an RBP activation.
Troubleshooting RBP issues
The RBP admin guide contains tips to troubleshoot and identify permission issues. We also created a Support KBA to further guide you.
NOTE: CHECK RBP document attach for more detail information
1. Go Admin center
2. Then to Manage permission role
3. Select the role in which user is from the defined role list here for example I have taken System Admin from Permission Role.
4. You will be taken to Permission Role Detail, here you can see what permission are defined for this role as well you can edit the permission (removal and addition).
5. To check whether learning permissions are there in the role
Learning Admin Access Permission - This grants access to the LMS admin interface
Learning Access Permission - This grants access to the LMS user interface
You can do a search in the page to check if the permissions are added.
6. If in case these permissions are not there you need to add these permissions, for the same click on permission button
7. From the dialogue box left hand side bar under "User Permissions" select learning,
Then in the main window of dialogue box you will see permission check the check box you want to give permission for, then hit done and then in the main page don’t forget to hit save changes.
- Service Event Bus is a framework that facilitates asynchronous messaging between SuccessFactors modules.
- Change event are sent from Bizx to LMS then LMS call ODAta API to fetch the user default locale, userID, firstname and username.
- Sometimes a user will change their preferences in Bizx then navigate to My Learning and the changes will not be reflected.
The Learning Integration uses the sap api user to access Successfactors for both data import and report export. Therefore, we must grant necessary security access to the sap api userid in the case when RBP has been activated.
The configuration steps might depend on the Packaged Solution you are implementing.
Note: Before implementing Learning integration in SuccessFactors Talent Management you have to implement the configuration guide C1H SuccessFactors: Employee Profile Integration.
Steps to enable this setting:
- Logon to SuccessFactors Talent Management as admin.
- Go to Admin Center. In the Manage Employees portlet, select Set User Permissions.
- In the Set User Permissions section, select Manage Permission Roles. The Manage Permission Roles page opens
- Click permission role SFAPI under permission role list
- Click Permission
- On the left side of the page, you'll see the different permission categories. Choose a permission category to reveal the different permissions. Make the following selections shown below (in the columns ‘User Permissions’ and ‘Administrator Permissions’) and select the “Select All” check box for the following user permissions in the table below:
- Learning Access Permission
- Learning Admin Access Permission
Manage Integration Tools
- OData API Competency Rating Import
- OData API Competency Rating Export
7. Select the Done button when all the permissions have been completed
8.Choose the Save Changes button to complete changing the role.
- In BizX you have to create a group, which only contains the Users who should have access to LMS. Afterwards create an Admin in BizX, who can see and export those Users.
- In Provisioning you have to create an User Export to LMS in Manage Scheduled Jobs. As an owner you have to use the BizX Admin
- As this Admin can only see the defined User Group, only those will be exported
- SAP HCM Suite
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Platform Bizx
- all supported versions
SAP, SuccessFactors, BIZX LMS Integration, Integration LMS into BIZX, LMS integration, Bizx integration, SEB, RBP, implementation, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-INT , Integrations with BizX , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-PLT-PRV , Provisioning Changes , How To