After installing Visualization of Data Access Extensions for Lumira Desktop, you are experiencing unexpected behaviour when using the application, such as:
- Cannot open File -> Extensions menu
- New document dialog hangs
SAP Lumira Desktop, version 1.29
As stated in the disclaimer section of the SCN article http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-60683:
Try, modify, re-submit to the community
We encourage you to submit your own Lumira extensions to help our community grow - and to get recognized for your efforts. You already have open sourced a viz extension and want it to be added here? Simply let us know by posting a comment right here.
The deal with Open Source - Use at your own Risk!
- There is no official support for any of these extensions; the only support comes from the developer or the community (you)
- All extensions listed below come with a use-at-your-own-risk policy
- Many extensions are built for very specific use cases. You get the source code and can modify to fit your needs: please re-submit to everyone's benefit!
The deal with extensions from SAP employees: No support from SAP, only SCN community support
Some of the extensions are developed by individuals in their spare time that happen to be employed by SAP; we publish these extensions on github.com/sap. None of these are official SAP software and there is not standard SAP support or documentation that comes with them.
As we (SAP Support) are unable to help you with the root cause analysis to figure out which extension(s) is causing the issues, please follow the steps below to remove all of them from Lumira Desktop in order to get the application up and running again:
- Shut down Lumira Desktop.
- Open the SAPLumira.ini file under Lumira Desktop installation directory. By default it is: C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\
- Check the -Dhilo.user.dir= parameter, take a note of the folder path. If it's set to default value @user.home/.sapvi, the actual path should be %homepath%\.sapvi
- Open the folder path in Windows file explroer, you should see the "extensions" sub-folder.
- Back up the contents into a different location, and then remove them from the "extensions" folder.
- Re-launch Lumira Desktop and the issues should be resolved.
lum, dsk, ext, da, viz, cannot, can't, unable, not, open, launch, start, stuck, error, problem, issue, working, , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem