You are migrating Open Items Receivable or Open Items Payable for a company based in India. While processing the file in the migration tool, in the Simulate Import step you get the error message "Service call failed; report an incident."
This knowledge base article is relevant for India.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Overview work center view.
- Open the activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data.
- Click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Select the respective Migration Unit and click Execute Migration.
- Select the respective Migration Object (Open Items Receivable or Open Items Payable) and click Process File .
- In the Simulate Import step, you will see the error message in the log table (you will see one message per affected source record): "Service Call Failed; Report an Incident".
In the data migration template you are migrating tax data related to the open items, but left blank the Permanent Establishment ID field, which is responsible for identifying the tax reporting location.
Since in India the tax legislation is different by region, the tax reporting location is mandatory.
You should maintain the Permanent Establishment ID in the data migration template for Open Items Payable or Open Items Receivable. This field is hidden by default and can be made visible in the Tax Data sheet > Tax Location group.
For further details, you can also check the Field List sheet within the template.
Open Items Payable, Open Items Receivable, Migration, Service Call Failed, India , KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , AP-DUE-RPE , Receivables Payables Entry , How To