When trying to renew the Certificates S/MIME is not Possible due to Error Subject of own cert not Suitable for Request
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Application and User Management Work center
- Go to Common Tasks view
- Select Configure S/MIME Sub view
- Go to Incoming E-mail tab
- Select the line item containing the email from the table and click on Renew S/MIME Certificate
- The error Subject of own cert not Suitable for Request appears
You need to uncheck E-mail Security scoping element to solve this.
- Go to Business configuration Work center.
- Go to Implementation Project view.
- Select project and edit the scope.
- Go to Question Phase.
- Expand Built-in Service and Support
- Expand System Management
- Select Security and uncheck the option Do you want to use encription and signature for e-mails?
KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To