After that attempt the item would appear as "Locked out" in the user's Learning Plan.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
An item has the setting "Lock Item after failure" for "Failure Action" setting with a maximum number of attempts in "Times user can fail before action".
If the item is still in the user Learning Plan, we could enable the user for one more attempt.
- Go to the User record in learning Administration > Assigned Items > click “Object Details” of the locked item
- Select the object that you want to provide access to the user (in the above image, user doesn’t have access)
- Check “Has Access” and “Apply Changes”.
- The item would be unlocked now for the User to access it once.
If the item is removed from the user assigned items after it is unlocked and reassigned you will not see "Object Details" (as it is a new assignment) and the item will still be in "Locked Out" state on the user's learning plan.
- Disable (do not reassign it to the users yet) “Record learning event when all content is complete” and/or “Record learning event when quiz/content passed” (if both are enabled)
On the item record > Online content tab > click the content
On the item record > Online content tab > Settings > Modify settings
2. Enable the settings again and save your changes
3. reassign the item to the affected user(s)
4. the item should now show the “Object Details”.
There is an edge case where this may not be enough, in this case you may need to remove the learning history recorded for the failure (Users > Tools > Learning Event Editor > search for the user and delete the learning history record)
Locked Out, learning plan, item locked, No Content Object, LMS, Learning Administration, Learning, exam, assessment, object details, has access, lock item, failure, fail, attempt , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS-ASB , Assessment Builder , Problem